On February 22, 2023, the launch event was held virtually for the seventh edition of the Progressing National SDGs Implementation Report, which aims to provide useful insights and assessment of the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) presented at the HLPF in 2022. The report is the work of 13 organizations from around the world, including Cooperation Canada. The event was attended by over 300 participants from dozens of countries.
In the first part, Oli Henman and Nicolas Sautejeau, who led the research and the drafting of the report from Action for Sustainable Development, kicked off the event by presenting key findings and recommendations of the report. It was then followed up with presentations on the thematic policy briefs:
- Civic space: Deirdre de Burca, Forus International
- Leave no one behind: Lilei Chow, Save the Children
- Localization: Darron Seller-Peritz, Cooperation Canada.
Following these interventions, time was allocated to fielding questions from the audience. The data and findings presented a snapshot of the trends, obstacles and opportunities that lie ahead on the road to achieving the 2030 Agenda.
The second part of the webinar featured a panel discussion with key experts and practitioners, moderated by Deirdre de Burca. It allowed the audience to hear from a diversity of perspectives from stakeholders in the public sector, civil society, and the UN. The panelists were:
- Richard Osei-Bofah, National Development Planning Commission, Ghana
- Zia Ur-Rehman, Awaz / Pakistan Development Alliance
- Thomas Alfstad, Economic Analysis and Policy Division, UNDESA.