Our Members – Better Together
Cooperation Canada’s membership includes more than 90 Canadian non-profit organizations working, both in Canada and overseas, on the frontlines of social justice, humanitarian aid, economic and democratic development. Among them are religious and secular development groups, professional associations, co-operatives, labour unions and groups devoted to literacy, education and youth. Their volunteers, supporters and partners live across Canada and throughout the world.
Cooperation Canada members work with co-operatives, citizens’ groups and NGOs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe to:
- improve local access to safe water, sanitation, food, shelter, education and primary health care;
- promote respect for human rights;
- press for corporate social responsibility, environmentally sustainable development and equitable distribution of global resources;
- encourage citizen participation in government policymaking; and
- conduct policy research and campaign for global food security, debt relief, fair trade, child welfare, land reform and improved labour standards.