A not-for-profit organization, incorporating S.T.E.A.M into unique learning applications that promote storytelling, health, wellness and growth with rural and remote communities.
Start-Date: As soon as possible
Location: Remote work available with priority given in the following locations;
- Lindsay, Ontario
- Curve Lake First Nation, Ontario
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Iqaluit, Nunavut
- Pangnirtung, Nunavut
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Manages: Communications Team
Pinnguaq Association is seeking a dynamic and experienced Strategic Communications Manager to lead our team in creating marketing and communications content across various platforms to increase engagement and support of Pinnguaq. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Strategic Communications Manager will provide leadership in the promotion of Pinnguaq’s vision and mission. Our ideal candidate is an individual who holds knowledge and experience in Indigenous, Rural and Remote communities, and is a strategic thinker who can convey our stories to audiences in a meaningful and impactful way. The candidate should have experience with both digital and traditional marketing techniques. The candidate must be able to manage a small team and work well across departments to promote our delivery, makerspaces and the success stories of our various programs.
What Success Looks Like In This Job
- The Pinnguaq Association is able to deliver internal and external projects efficiently, in turn building healthy relationships with external partners
- Pinnguaq Association is synonymous with S.T.E.A.M education across rural and remote communities in Canada
- The Association knows and strives towards actions that have the biggest impact for our partner communities
- The Pinnguaq Association and Development teams are developing external partnerships, working to deliver interesting and usable projects, maintaining a series of partnerships that benefit our stakeholders, further our mission and serve our partner communities.
- Capturing success stories to promote through our digital channels, leading to further partnership projects
- Development, implementation and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the image and position of the organization within target audiences.
- Development and implementation of a long-term marketing/communications strategy in support of the Pinnguaq Makerspace program.
- Development of a series of supports to decrease siloing between divisions and projects and unify Pinnguaq initiatives under a common marketing direction.
- Government, business and public sector outreach, networking, and relationship-building.
- Oversee brand management to ensure quality assurance, consistent messaging, and voice across all platforms for all Pinnguaq connected companies and initiatives.
- Coordinate a team creating original and engaging communications materials including press releases, statements, articles, website and social media content, newsletters, and other promotional materials.
- Building relationships with key media contacts and stakeholders to identify opportunities to present stories through digital and print media outlets.
- Writing and editing all major external communications materials including annual reports, website content, social media posts, position papers, and outreach to key stakeholders. Working closely with Pinnguaq’s CEO, you will also oversee writing thought leadership pieces including speeches, presentations, blogs, and more.
- Supervise the Communications team.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively in a wide variety of writing styles.
- Previous experience in brand management, content development, media relations, and engagement and outreach.
- Knowledge, or experience in Northern, rural, and remote communities is an asset.
- Experience or knowledge of government communications is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Written and oral communications skills.
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), website management platforms (WordPress, SquareSpace), website analytics (Facebook/Google).
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Project-management skills including managing production, experience executing communications and marketing initiatives
- Bilingual (Inuktitut, Anishinaabemowin, Cree and/or French as a second language would be beneficial)
- A great team player, excited about the opportunity to work with diverse teams to propose new ideas and help bring their vision to life.
Please submit applications to email@example.com
Closing date: October 23, 2020.
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org