World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is an International Development and Disaster Response organization. We are compelled by God’s deep passion for justice & mercy, we join communities around the world to renew hope, reconcile lives, and restore creation. If you’re passionate about this vision and desire to contribute to furthering this work around the globe and if you have experience in Information Systems management and Salesforce, please check out this opportunity!
We are currently seeking to hire a Information Systems Director to create and manage a vision for the information systems and technology needs at World Renew. This position will design strategies, priorities, and projects that achieve World Renew’s strategic goals and objectives for programming, fundraising, and operations. The IS Director provides leadership for planning all technology initiatives, vision, goals, infrastructure, staffing, program training, evaluation, and budgeting.
THIS World Renew POSITION IS HYBRID AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK IN OUR BURLINGTON, ONTARIO OFFICE TWO TO THREE TIMES PER WEEK
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide vision, strategy and budget oversight for all data management activities.
2. Oversee organization-wide information management by championing data governance and quality, and developing well-designed systems and architecture across the organization.
3. Set policies and procedures that comply with relevant legislation and legal interpretation in Canada, US and International settings.
4. Safeguard information systems through access control and cybersecurity monitoring and education
5. Guide the investment in and maintenance of all systems, essential applications, and platforms that foster seamless internal collaboration and communication across World Renew teams and increase staff productivity and efficiency.
6. Train and equip staff with the tools and skills to actively use the agreed upon information systems, applications, and collaboration platforms critical to their work.
7. Lead the research, selection and transition of a technology for program development strategy for World Renew with the goal of improving development practices and outcomes across World Renew’s portfolio.
8. Keep up to date with trends and new technology networks, (NTEN ICT4D) technology companies, tech-focused foundations, academics and government agencies.
9. Ensure enabling and supportive environment for specialized IT needs in World Renew’s International Disaster Response programming.
10. Represent World Renew in interagency task forces and in World Renew’s networks and alliances as appropriate.
11. Serve as a visible, accessible, and hands-on leader with the ability to attract and retain top talent, motivate individuals and teams to gain new skills, and actively develop others.
12. Manage the contracts with the Christian Reformed Church in North America IT department, Worksighted IT Company and other vendors. Working with contractors to ensure World Renew has the appropriate core IT infrastructure to support our day-to-day operations including remote work, digital connectivity, and cyber security.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Commitment to the mission of World Renew, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a faith statement.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity, and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies, and organizational structure.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, listening, and communication skills with strong emotional intelligence.
- Action-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-initiate and execute goals both independently and with the team.
- Ability to manage budgets and use financial reports for decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to make quality decisions and implement them through competent delegation.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of apps and Salesforce CRM. Broad technical knowledge and skills with a demonstrated ability to learn new information systems and stay updated on current and emerging technologies.
- Solves problems with a flexible and adaptable posture and with the ability to lead others through complex change management situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly collaborative teams with people of varying technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others to develop and deepen their technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in negotiating and managing relationships with vendors and contractors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or equivalent certification(s) in information technology, data management, computer science, business or closely related area is required.
- 6-8 years of experience leading an Information Systems team.
- 3+ years of experience managing Microsoft platforms including O365 and Azure.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Experience working in an international organization is desired.
- Experience providing remote training for staff around the globe is desired.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal is required.
- Work-Life Balance
- Full-Time Flexible Work Arrangements
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Time
- Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Benefits include Health, Welfare, & Retirement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Contributing to an organization that is making an impact in the world
- Up to 1 week of paid time off for voluntary mission/service project trip.
For those interested, you can find more information on our website. Candidates interested in applying should do so online by following this link: https://worldrenew.ca/careers. The application deadline is August 31, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit crcna.pinpointhq.com.