|Reports to:||Director, Fund Development and Marketing|
|$65,000 – $75,000|
|Employment classification: Start Date:||Fulltime Permanent September 2021|
If you can read and write, you can learn to do and be anything. That’s the idea behind CODE (formerly the Canadian Organization for Development through Education).
We imagine a world where every child can read and write – a world where every young person can pursue their education and realize their full potential. For nearly 60 years, CODE has been working to build such a world. From humble beginnings in a church basement, we have grown to become one of Canada’s leading international development organizations uniquely focused on children’s literacy and education in low- income countries.
This is a key position on the Fund Development and Marketing team – one that is critical to helping CODE achieve its growth and impact strategy. We are seeking a deeply motivated and highly skilled integrated marketing professional who will thrive on a fast-paced team that seeks to deliver maximum impact for CODE’s charitable mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Individual Giving and Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of entry to mid-level individual one-time and monthly supporters. This position will plan and execute proven engagement strategies that result in both supporter retention and increased giving, while working in close collaboration with the Director of Fund Development and Marketing to plan and execute multi-channel supporter acquisition programs.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of entry- and mid-level individual supporters, both those who give one-time gifts and those that make monthly donations
- Meet annually agreed-upon revenue targets
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Fund Development and Marketing to execute ambitious supporter acquisition strategies – includes working closely with agencies; providing expert input into campaign design; and project managing campaign execution
- Execute all house appeals, upgrades and conversion activities
- Work in collaboration with the Donor Relations and Database Coordinator, monitor and analyze key performance indicators for new, active, current and lapsed supporters – recommend strategies to increase long-term supporter value
- Develop and execute a best-in-class stewardship program to drive constant improvement in supporter retention rates
- Identify and implement process and systems improvements related to the individual giving
- Manage social media activity – identify content, post and monitor Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Oversee integration of individual giving campaigns across digital platforms (e-blasts, web content, social media)
- Manage revenue and expense budgets associated with the individual giving portfolio
- Participate actively in annual work-planning and budgeting activities
- Undertaking other special fund development projects as needed
The Individual Giving Manager will be creative, attentive to details and outcomes, possess superior communication and project management skills, bring a positive can-do attitude, and have the confidence to problem-solve independently while working as part of a collaborative team.
Required education and experience:
- Completion of post-secondary degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit sector, preferably in marketing or fund development roles
- Ability to manage a fast-paced and varied workload, including multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively with limited supervision
- Extraordinary attention to detail, including ability to proof-read and edit
- Positive and flexible approach to working as part of a busy team
- A highly reliable and conscientious worker
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and superior analytical skills
- Demonstrated success managing and forging relationships with a wide range of supporters and service providers
- Thrives in a small, achievement-focused team and in a culture that values positivity, professionalism, learning, results and accountability
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset
- Experience managing Direct Response Television (DRTV) campaigns considered an asset
Deadline for applications: Friday, August 6, 2021 at 5:00PM EST For more information about CODE, visit www.code.ngo
Please submit your CV and cover letter at: https://codecan.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2h8bz70a9b3?preview=1
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CODE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
To apply for this job please visit codecan.applicantstack.com.