The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 147 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and “Treatment For All” around the world by training experts in the field to properly diagnose and manage patients, advocating for adequate supply of safe treatment products, and educating and empowering people with bleeding disorders to help them live healthier, longer and more productive lives.
The WFH is seeking an autonomous, efficient, customer-oriented FUNDRAISING OFFICER (agent/e) – mid level to provide support for all aspects of fund development, with an emphasis on stewardship and cultivation activities.
A team player with highly-developed work organization & activity management abilities, the incumbent will also be responsible for administering scholarship & recognition programs, including the biennial WFH International Volunteer Awards.
Type of position: regular; full-time
Reporting to: Strategic and Community Partnerships Director – WFH USA National Director
Location: Montreal Head office (downtown) / Covid-19 home-based currently
Start date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (Jan 2021)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
The Fundraising Officer (agent/e) – mid level is responsible for the following activities and deliverables: Donor cultivation and stewardship
- Help define and coordinate donor & partner cultivation and stewardship activities
- Draft & send quarterly Global Community Newsletter, connecting prospective donors with the global community and highlighting the impact of our work
- Develop collateral (including social media posts, articles, and other content) to support annual giving, membership, and other fundraising activities
- Collaborate with Communications team to coordinate and monitor posts that promote fundraising and membership campaigns and recognize donors
- Draft proposals, appeals, and presentations; prepare stewardship reports for community and corporate partners
- Organize cultivation and/or recognition events (in person and/or virtual); coordinate site visits for donors where appropriate
- Assist with the identification and research prospective donors & partners Programs administration
- Administer the WFH USA Travel Grant program: help develop proposals; track funding, coordinate the travel of recipients, draft reports to
- Coordinate the communication and promotion of the Susan Skinner Memorial Fund Scholarship Program; organize education and recognition events to support the empowerment and development of leadership skills of
- Working with the WFH Awards committee, coordinate the nomination and selection process for the biennial WFH Volunteer Recognition awards; organize all related recognition events and activities
- Support the WFH USA National Director with management of WFH USA Board deliverable and activities Other fundraising support
- Liaise with IT team & department colleagues to ensure donor and gift information is accurately entered and coded in the database
- Maintain appropriate procedures, files, and fundraising documentation
- Coordinate production of tax receipts and annual donor roll
- Ensure state registrations are filed annually and ensure compliance of WFH USA with US legislation & requirements
Carry out other tasks relevant to the position as required by the Director.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS –
- Post-secondary or university degree (preferred) in fundraising, event planning, marketing, communications, or related field
- At least three to five (3-5) years of recent relevant experience in fund development, communications, volunteer management or program administration in a fundraising environment
- A passion for the non-profit field; experience in an international and/or US-based organization – an asset
- Superior oral and written communication skills: ability to develop, edit, clear and convincing copy, visuals, presentations in English (essential to WFH daily international work); working knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or another international language/s – an asset
- Highly-developed work organization & activity management abilities: detail-oriented, effective at multi-tasking and working on several projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, efficient, autonomous: able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take responsibility and demonstrate accountability; ability to deal with change, shifting priorities while maintaining a positive outlook
- Impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills, with superior abilities to work well with others in a team environment; sensitive to cross-cultural difference; high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- High computer literacy with MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, and online design tools (e.g. Canva)
- Legally entitled to live and work in Quebec, Canada; availability and willingness to undertake occasional international travel (post-pandemic restrictions)
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Interesting benefits plan.
Please send IMMEDIATELY an ENGLISH resume & COVER LETTER (essential) to: E: [email protected]
Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie / The World Federation of Hemophilia – Montréal, QC H3G 1T7
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com