Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Reports to: Head of Programs, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)
Language requirements: English is essential
Eligibility: Local National & International; must be legally entitled to work in Jamaica
The CR will be responsible for the design, implementation and successful delivery of Cuso International’s (Cuso) programs and projects in the Caribbean with specific focus on Jamaica, which promotes inclusive, sustainable economic growth with a focus on youth employability and entrepreneurship, advancement of gender equality and empowerment of women and girls, and capacity building of partners through the support of highly-skilled volunteers. The CR will be responsible for program/project delivery and compliance, managing existing partnerships, developing new projects and partnerships that are aligned with Cuso’s Strategic Plan and mobilizing resources from regional and international donors to scale-up and maximize Cuso’s impact in the Caribbean.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
- Build and maintain relationships through local, regional and international networks, alliances, forums or events to expand Cuso’s programs through donors, partners, government officials or other relevant agencies across the Caribbean.
- Maintain and develop a strong portfolio of local partners, donors and regional and international networks fostering collaboration on development interventions in line with Cuso’s strategic and operational plans.
- Mobilize resources from regional and international donors to scale-up and maximize Cuso’s impact in the Caribbean.
- Lead the design and development of new regional projects in the Caribbean in coordination with the Head of Programs, LAC and the Program Development Team in Cuso Headquarters.
- Lead the implementation of Cuso’s volunteer program in Jamaica, including providing leadership and guidance to the country program team, designing and implementing annual work plans, developing and managing annual budgets and volunteer delivery.
- Manage the integration process of volunteers placed in Jamaica and ensure that volunteer support and monitoring systems are in place.
- Oversee safety and security protocols for staff, volunteers and local partners, including developing Country Security Plans and Contingency Plans.
- Lead the start-up and implementation of new bilateral projects in the Caribbean, including the design of project implementation plan, managing negotiations with implementing partners, designing and implementing annual work plans, developing and managing annual budgets, building project teams and preparing narrative and financial reports.
- Promote a culture of impact and knowledge sharing and ensure the country program office (CPO) complies with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) reporting requirements, including the drafting of annual reports.
People and Culture
- Foster a positive, fair and participatory work environment for staff and volunteers, motivating them to actively participate towards achieving Cuso’s goals.
- Ensure that Cuso’s performance management culture is understood and respected within the team and that each staff receives adequate feedback and support to promote successful performance and high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure the CPO follows all Cuso policies, procedures and processes.
- Fulfill other responsibilities, as required by the Head of Programs, LAC, from time to time.
- University Degree in a relevant field, preferably at master’s degree level.
- A proven track record of securing funding for programming in the Caribbean (projects CAD $3M+), including strong network of regional and international donors and strategic partners.
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada and other development agencies, such international foundations, USAID and the European Union.
- At least 10 years of experience in designing, planning, launching, managing, monitoring and implementing development programs/projects in the Caribbean, with experience working at the community level in Jamaica.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role with experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Well-developed experience with annual work planning, budget management and financial reporting, including for international donors.
- Strong knowledge of program/project management cycles.
- Significant knowledge of MEAL systems and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of the development context in the Caribbean Region, including women’s empowerment, youth economic development, governance and climate change.
Capacities, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent understanding of the results-based management, including tools and applications.
- Proven commitment to advancement of gender equality and women’s rights and empowerment.
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and motivate team members.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical abilities.
- Excellent cross-cultural interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and develop internal and external relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and web-based research.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Caribbean and periodically internationally.
- Ability to work irregular hours and overtime when needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience working as a volunteer, with volunteers and/or with a volunteer-sending organization.
How to apply!
Your application must be forwarded to email@example.com with the position Caribbean Representative – Jamaica clearly marked as the subject title.
Expressions of interest should be sent in English. Your résumé and one-page cover letter should demonstrate how you meet all the essential and any desirable qualifications.
Cuso International is an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations will be provided at any stages of the hiring process upon request. Thank you for your interest in Cuso International.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org