Site codevcanada CoDevelopment Canada
A solidarity organization working for social change & global education in the Americas.
0.80 Part-Time Permanent Position
Application deadline: 11:59 PM, April 10, 2023
Preferred start date: May 1, 2023 (flexible)
CoDevelopment Canada (CoDev) is a Vancouver-based non-profit that works for social justice in Latin America and Canada. We build partnerships between trade unions and civil society organizations in Canada and Latin America to protect and advance workers’ rights, foster gender equity, strengthen public education, engage Canadians in global issues, and promote fair trade and community development.
We are looking for a Communications and Campaigns Director to join our staff team.
0.80 full-time (30 hours per week). Starting annual salary of $52,509 plus generous vacation, pension, and benefits package. This is a unionized position. Terms and conditions as per the Collective Agreement with CUPE 1004. Preferred start date is May 1, 2023, but the successful candidate may be accommodated with a deferred start date.
The Communications and Campaigns Director is responsible for CoDev’s communications, campaigns, membership and donor relationships, and other activities. The Communications and Campaigns Director is the staff liaison to the Fundraising Committee. The Communications and Campaigns Director reports to the Executive Director.
Communications and Campaigns
- Prepares and oversees CoDev’s Communications Plan in conjunction with the CoDev Board and staff
- Prepares and coordinates communications and outreach to CoDev members and public, including special appeal campaigns, promotional materials and strategies, and renewals and correspondence
- Prepares, maintains, and reports on a yearly membership plan
- Manages donor and membership campaigns and plans
- Coordinates, manages, and plans social media and web content
- Prepares and executes an annual Fundraising Plan in conjunction with the fundraising committee
- Supports the program staff to implement portions of the Fundraising Plan that require outreach to Canadian partners
- Leads planning and promotion for events, including annual dinner
- Works with CoDev’s Program Directors on Urgent Actions/Appeals, communications content, and outreach to Canadian partners, CoDev members, and public
- Coordinates the preparation, publication, and distribution of the Annual Report
- Prepares and distributes media releases
- Attends and participates in regular staff meetings to support a collaborative work culture
- Prepares for and maintains minutes for related committees
- Assists with miscellaneous office duties such as answering phones, receiving visitors, and handling sales of fair-trade products
- Strong English-language and Spanish-language communication skills, written and oral
- Proficiency in social media and web publishing
- Proficiency in MS Office
- University degree in a related area, or equivalent related experience
- Ability to work irregular hours, as needed
Core Competencies (Preferred):
- Experience in translation (Spanish to English and English to Spanish)
- Culturally-sensitive, responsive, and respectful communication with members, donors, and community
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
- Experience with event and campaign planning, including volunteer engagement
- Experience in a non-profit or labour organization
- Familiarity with progressive grassroots community organizing in Latin America, with historical, cultural, and social awareness of the region, and a particular focus on labour, human rights, and women’s rights organizations and issues
- Understanding of and commitment to intersectional feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive principles, including how they intersect with international solidarity
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a small, collaborative team and independently perform key duties in a manner that furthers the strategic priorities of the organization
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Resumes and cover letters may be sent to both Caitlin Johnston, CoDev Board Director and President, at [email protected] and Deanna Fasciani, CoDev Executive Director, at [email protected] by 11:59 P.M., April 10, 2023. Late applications will NOT be accepted. Resumes without cover letters will NOT be accepted.
We thank everyone who applies but will only contact those applicants selected for an interview. Interviews will be conducted April 17-20, 2023.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com