- This event has passed.
Oxfam Live: Invest in Care Now!
October 27 @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm EDT
Join Oxfam Canada’s Interim Executive Director, Kate Higgins, in conversation with Minister Gould and global experts on care
COVID-19 has laid bare the centrality of care to societies’ well-being. Yet, the care sector continues to be under-funded. We saw how ill-equipped many countries were to deal with the scale of the pandemic. But alarm bells on the looming care crisis were ringing long before COVID-19 hit. It’s time to #InvestInCare and ensure everyone has access to quality care when needed.
We need a feminist economic recovery that has care work at its heart!
Join Oxfam’s live discussion with the Minister of International Development, Karina Gould, and global experts on care to hear about their solutions and vision of a caring economy that advances gender equality.
When: October 27, 2020 at 4:00-4:45 ET
- The HonourableKarina Gould, Minister of International Development
- Shirley Pryce, President, Jamaican Household Workers Union
- Chidi King, Director of Equality, International Trade Union Confederation
- Gary Barker, President & CEO, PROMUNDO
- Josh Lozman, Interim Director, Gender Equality Program, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Moderated by Kate Higgins, Interim Executive Director, Oxfam Canada
It’s time to care. We need a feminist economic recovery that has care work at its heart!