Women don’t have the same access to information or the same opportunities to be heard and share their knowledge and experiences as men. Changing that is essential to improving gender equality.
Drawing lessons from a five-year project that saw 1.5 million people in West Africa – including 500,000 women – try new gender-inclusive practices, we’ll explore how to:
- Ensure women have a say in their own development, and are meaningfully involved from start to finish of a project
- Use creative solutions to change viewpoints around sensitive topic
- Bridge the digital gender divide at a local level and use ICTs to boost women’s confidence and amplify their voices.
- Work with and engage local partners at every level of the project
- Build long-lasting information and communication platforms that serve rural communities beyond the lifetime of a project